Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Late Night Talk Show at Target?

I'm in the audience of the Conan O'Brien show, one of the last few before Carson Daly is taking over, as Conan makes clear. His guests are Scarlett Johanson and some Hillary Duff wannabe. As Conan introduces Max Weinberg, a strange looking woman with a short haircut is behind the drum-set and a young Johnathan Taylor Thomas is in an overgrown suit holding a sax. I stand up and point at him and start laughing. Security starts to escort me backstage, but not to kick me out. I got to watch the show from the wings of the stage and they gave me an instrument. As the band starts playing, I start wailing on the guitar. A chorus of female singers are standing in a row, with one being a certain someone staring at me through classic, black framed glasses. I get startled as the crowd washes into a haze of aisles filled with clothes, canned goods, Christmas decorations and a long table in the middle with oil lamps and prepared food. The band turns into employees all wearing uniforms. It looks like a Target store, but can't be sure. I'm disoriented and a manger comes out and starts giving some sort of motivational speech. The girl in the glasses walks away as the meeting ends and starts lighting the candles that are situated around the store. Another person comes in and starts lighting the oil lamps. I notice a part is missing and if he actually lights the oil lamp, it will explode. I take the lighter away from him and it's covered in oil.

2 comments:

leo said...

Ha, That's a good one. BTW, Jimmy Fallon is replacing Conan, and I don't even think Carson Daly is coming back to NBC... unless that tidbut was a part of your dream, which is awesome.

Paul Tsikitas said...

Anything that seems amiss in these is because everything in this is in my dream state.